Blogging Pompeii: Book: Rome, Ostia, Pompeii: Movement and Space.
History of the Ancient World: Aristotle and the Murder of Alexander.
I fell asleep (because I was tired and in bed, not bored!) listening to this one from the CBC’s Ideas program (they do something ancient-related roughly once every five years). Not bad …
- 29/30 A.D. — partial solar eclipse in the eastern Mediterranean which is sometimes associated with the crucifixion
- 62 A.D. — death of the satirist Aulus Persius Flaccus (source?)
- 303 A.D. — martyrdom of Felicissimus and Firmina
- 1977 — the discovery of a tomb believed to be that of Philip II of Macedon is announced
- 1998 — death of John Chadwick