pridie kalendas februarias
- 36 B.C. — birth of Antonia (“Minor”), daughter of Marcus Antonius and Octavia and future mother of hope-to-be-emperor Germanicus and emperor-to-be Claudius
- c. 250 A.D. — martyrdom of Metras/Metranus in Alexandria
- c. 250 A.D. — martyrdom of Saturninus, Thrysus, and Victor in Alexandria
History of the Ancient World: The Madness of the Emperor Caligula.
American Philological Association: APA Blog : In Memoriam Valerie French.
Épigraphie en réseau: Techniques de l’épigraphiste : le pense-bête de Prosper..
Adrian Murdoch continues the series with a guy who probably doesn’t get as much credit as he should:
- 2012.01.50: Perrine Galand-Hallyn, Fernand Hallyn, Carlos Lévy, Wim Verbaal, Quintilien: ancien et moderne études réunies. Latinitates, 3.
- 2012.01.49: Marie Verdoner, Narrated Reality: the Historia ecclesiastica of Eusebius of Caesarea. Early Christianity in the context of antiquity, 9.
- 2012.01.48: Claudia Bolgia, Rosamond McKitterick, John Osborne, Rome across Time and Space: Cultural Transmission and the Exchange of Ideas, c. 500-1400.
- 2012.01.47: Annunziata Rositani, Harvest Texts in the British Museum. Rivista degli studi orientali, nuova serie. Supplemento, no 1, vol. 82.
- 2012.01.46: Concetta Luna, Alain-Philippe Segonds, Proclus, Commentaire sur le Parménide de Platon. Tome II, livre II. Collection des universités de France. Série grecque, 476.
- 2012.01.45: Mabel Lang, Thucydidean Narrative and Discourse.
A Don’s Life by Mary Beard: Which academics have turned down honours?.
Powered By Osteons: Roman Bioarchaeology Carnival XIII.
Imperium Sine Fine: Temple of Antenociticus and Vallum Crossing at Benwell.
Classical Archaeology News: I totally caved in to pressure from academic peers and made one….
ArcheoRivista: Quadrato del Sator: nuove ipotesi interpretative.
Blogging Pompeii: Quiz: Would you have survived the eruption of Vesuvius in AD 79?.
History of the Ancient World: Observation and Prediction in Ancient Astrology.
[a weighty and learned tome by one of my former profs]
jenniferlockett: 15 Opportunities for Free Online Education.
[I'll be highlighting some of these from time to time as well]
History of the Ancient World: On the Explanation of the Wealthy Slave in Classical Athens.
salve magistra: Wednesday: Teaching Ideas.
[Latin teaching, of course]
American Philological Association: APA Blog : National Latin Teacher Recruitment Week.
History of the Ancient World: Animal spectacula of the Roman Empire.