Maybe I should be posting these too:
Contents / Table des matières
 Association Announcements & News / Annonces et nouvelles de l’Association
• Formal call for nominations — 2012 / Appel officiel de candidatures — 2012
• Reminder: Graduate Student Caucus: Google Groups website / Rappel: Caucus des Étudiants gradués: site “Google Groupes”
 CCB Announcements / Annonces du BCÉA
• Un mot (ou trois) du rédacteur / A word (or three) from the Editor
 Positions Available / Postes à combler
• McGill: Faculty Lecturer — three-year appointment
• Concordia: Limited-term appointment in Classical Archaeology
• Concordia: Limited-term appointment in Classics/Roman Literature
 Calls for Papers; Conference & Lecture Announcements / Conférences; appels à communications
• Brown: CFP — Religion in Pieces
• APA / Women’s Classical Caucus: CFP — Sexual Labor in the Ancient World
• Calgary: CFP — War and Society: The social and cultural impact of War from ancient times to the present day
• UNB Fredericton : CFP reminder — Memories of the Past: An archaeological, historical and literary perspective
 Scholarships & Competitions / Bourses et concours
• No announcement this month / Rien à signaler ce mois-ci
 Summer Study, Field Schools, Online Courses / Cours d’été, écoles de terrain, cours “en ligne”
• McGill Summer Institute in Classical Studies
 Varia (including members’ new books and PhD dissertations / dont les nouveaux livres et thèses de doctorat des membres)
• Trent: Classics Drama Group & Conacher Players: Euripides’ Helen (George Ignatief Theatre, Toronto)
• One new book this month / Un nouveau livre ce mois-ci
I could have put this as a Blogosphere post but was afraid it would get lost in the shuffle. Over at the Ancient World Online, Chuck Jones alerts us to the publication of Boatwright, et al., The Romans: From Village to Empire: A History of Rome from Earliest Times to the End of the Western Empire from the fine folks at OUP, but even better, the maps that accompany the volume are available online and can be downloaded. Here’s the post at AWOL with links to the maps … they’re rather large pdfs and I really can’t imagine that they aren’t useful.
About.com Ancient / Classical History: The Murder of Emperor Servius Sulpicius Galba Caesar Augustus.
AWOL – The Ancient World Online: AWOL is Three.
[belated happy blogiversary to Chuck Jones!]
Current Epigraphy: Epigraphy at AIA/APA 2012: CIL 9.2689=ILS 7478.
History of the Ancient World: Wet-nursing in the Roman Empire: Indifference, efficiency and affection.
History of the Ancient World: Infrastructure Protection in the Ancient World.
Powered By Osteons: Roman Bioarchaeology Carnival XII.
Bread and Circuses: Battlefield archaeology at Kalefeld.
[why isn't the English press reporting on this???]
graecomuse: Lost in Translation: It’s all Greek to Us.
AWOL – The Ancient World Online: The Archaeological Sites of the Aegean Minoans.
Laudator Temporis Acti: Asyndetic, Privative Adjectives in Fragments of Old Comedy.
The History Girls: The Englishman, the Frenchman and the Olympic Games by Barbara Mitchellhill.
ASCSA News: Latest Issue of ákoue Posted.
[very interesting stuff in this; never knew it existed!]