- Saturnalia continues (day 7)
- Larentalia — a funerary ritual at the purported tomb of Acca Larentia, who was the wife of the shepherd who found Romulus and Remus being suckled by the she-wolf.
- rites in honour of the Tempestates, which seems to be a Latin translation of the Punic divinity ‘Ba’al of the skies’ (i.e. this was a divinity taken over by the Romans, probably during the Punic Wars)
- 179 B.C. — dedication of a Temple of Diana and A Temple of Juno Regina in the Campus Martius by M. Aemilius Lepidus
- 250 A.D. — martyrdom of the Ten Martyrs of Crete
Laudator Temporis Acti: The Value of Useless Knowledge.
The History Girls: Dormice and other Saturnalia Gifts.
Bestiaria Latina Blog: Latin Proverbs and Fables Round-Up: December 23.
Myrmicat Forever: Alexander and Ptolemy II.
Myrmicat Forever: Alexander and Ptolemy I.
Laudator Temporis Acti: Heureux Qui Comme Ulysse.
The Edithorial: The Ancient Greek Boxer and the Gun-Nuts.
SCREEN PLAYS: The Clouds BBC / The Open University, 1971.
History of the Ancient World: Romans, Greeks, and Jews: The World of Jesus and the Disciples.
AWOL – The Ancient World Online: Nestor abandons paper!.
Bestiaria Latina Blog: Special Edition: A Year of Latin LOLCats.
Latin for Addicts: Verbs of Remembering and Recalling.
Laudator Temporis Acti: The Last Oracle.