pridie kalendas novembres
- ludi Victoriae Sullanae (day 6) — games held in honour of Victoria commemorating Sulla’s defeat of the Samnites in 82 B.C.
- 286 — martyrdom of Quentin
ante diem viii idus octobres
- ludi Augustales scaenici (day 4 — from 11-19 A.D. and post 23 A.D.)
- ludi Augustales scaenici (day 6 — from 19-23 A.D.)
ante diem vii kalendas septembres
- 55 B.C. — Julius Caesar invades Britain, but doesn’t stick around very long
- 1875 — Birth of John Buchan, 1st Baron of Tweedsmuir and Governor-General of Canada … and author of a decent biography of Augustus
ante diem viii kalendas septembres
- Opiconsivia — rites in honour of Ops, an old Italian earth deity and usually considered the spouse of Consus
- 79 A.D. — death of Pliny the Elder in the wake of the eruption at Pompeii
- 325 A.D. — Council of Nicaea comes to an end, having come up with the Nicene Creed, the ‘Twenty Canons’, etc..