James McGrath alerts us that one of the major religious studies conferences has (once again) an iPad/iPhone app designed to help you navigate the conference etc. (This Year’s AAR/SBL iPad App is Finally Available!) … haven’t heard of such an item for the APA/AIA shindig, although I mentioned years ago that such a thing is a natural in this portion of the new millennium … the bar has been raised … can the Classicists clear it?
Day: October 29, 2012
Practitioners’ Voices in Classical Reception Studies Available
Issue 3 of Practitioners’ Voices in Classical Reception Studies is now online and I admit I haven’t seen this journal before. It comprises a series of interviews with assorted folks working in Classical Reception areas (obviously) and this issue has quite the range of artists and architects. The current issue is here:
… previous issues here …
A Dictionary of Classical Mythology
Saw this mentioned on the Classicists list; looks useful (although each section of the alphabet is a pdf):
Latest Issue of Vates Available
The winter 2012 editionVates — the online journal of new Latin poetry — is on the eshelves (and noteworthy (to me) that there is a contribution by someone from my undergrad (Barry Baldwin), my never-completed-phd (Paul Murgatroyd), and a fellow blogger (Laura Gibbs) , among others). Download it as a pdf here (where you can also peruse the back issues):
Bryn Mawr Classical Reviews
- 12.10.56: Lucie Pultrová, The Latin Deverbative Nouns and Adjectives. Acta Universitatis Carolinae: Philologica monographia, 162.
- 2012.10.55: Lauren Hackworth Petersen, Patricia Salzman-Mitchell, Mothering and Motherhood in Ancient Greece and Rome.
- 2012.10.54: Patrizia Mascoli, Iohannes de Segarellis. Elucidatio tragoediarum Senecae: Thebais seu Phoenissae. Quaderni di Invigilata Lucernis, 40.
- 2012.10.53: Fred Eugene Ray, Land Battles in 5th Century B.C. Greece: A History and Analysis of 173 Engagements.
- 2012.10.52: Paolo Asso, Brill’s Companion to Lucan.
- 2012.10.51: Géza Alföldy, Römische Sozialgeschichte.
- 2012.10.50: Sophie Helas, Selinus II: die punische Stadt auf der Akropolis. Sonderschriften / Deutsches Archäologisches Institut Rom, Bd 15.
- 2012.10.49: Henry Power, Homer’s Odyssey: a Reading Guide. Reading Guides to Long Poems.
- 2012.10.48: Kevin M. Cherry, Plato, Aristotle and the Purpose of Politics.
- 2012.10.47: Dana LaCourse Munteanu, Tragic Pathos: Pity and Fear in Greek Philosophy and Tragedy.
- 2012.10.46: Jeffrey S. Soles, Costis Davaras, Mochlos IIC: Period IV, the Mycenaean Settlement and Cemetery: the Human Remains and Other Finds. Prehistory monographs, 32.
- 2012.10.45: Richard McKirahan, Philoponus: On Aristotle Posterior analytics 1.9-18. Ancient commentators on Aristotle.