ante diem x kalendas januarias
- Saturnalia continues (day 7)
- Larentalia — a funerary ritual at the purported tomb of Acca Larentia, who was the wife of the shepherd who found Romulus and Remus being suckled by the she-wolf.
- rites in honour of the Tempestates, which seems to be a Latin translation of the Punic divinity ‘Ba’al of the skies’ (i.e. this was a divinity taken over by the Romans, probably during the Punic Wars)
- 179 B.C. — dedication of a Temple of Diana and A Temple of Juno Regina in the Campus Martius by M. Aemilius Lepidus
- 250 A.D. — martyrdom of the Ten Martyrs of Crete