Plenty of stuff from Live Auctions this week, with varying degrees of provenance:
- Roman, c. 100-300AD., a nice and very small silver (ring; ex Ventura County Collection … not sure what that means)
- Roman, c. 100-300AD., a lot of 2 small and choice (ditto … a couple of flasks)
- Etruscan, c. 4th century BC., a very rare thick terra cotta ossuary (ex Thaddeus Bleeker collection; collected in early 1900s)
- A Collection of Eight Roman Glass Flasks and Ungue (ex Indianapolis MoA)
… there are also a number of coins (I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coin auctioned online with a real provenance):
- (138-129 B.C.) Antiochus VII. Silver Tetradrachm (scroll to the bottom of the page for more)
Not sure why there’s such a variation in the detail (or reporting at all) of the provenance.