Seen on Classicists (please send any responses to the folks mentioned in the quoted text, not to rogueclassicism!):
1. International Symposium
Call for papers
From Oct. 2 – 8, 2010 (with papers to be read Oct. 3 – 7) we are
planning to hold the first symposium of the International Association
"Roman Sarcophagi", to be founded here in Marburg. Papers on
iconography, chronology, style, commerce, meaning of the
representations, afterlife, new finds etc. from the following regions
– Rome and the Provinces in the West
– Athens and the Provinces on the Balkan
– The Provinces in Asia Minor and the Near East
Please inform us by March 31, 2010, if you would like to
– participate with a paper (25-30 min; please give the preliminary title)
– participate without paper.
We would be grateful if you would distribute this information to
colleagues who would also be interested in this symposium.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Prof. Dr. Rita Amedick Prof. Dr. Dr.h.c. Guntram Koch