In the News
- Vat Of Ancient Fish Sauce May Confirm Date That Pompeii Was Destroyed
- Gold, bronze coins honor Roman military victories | Coin World
- Looking back at RU grad student-organized international conference ‘Food & Drink in the Ancient World’ (31 May-1 June 2019)
In Case You Missed it
- Bronze Age Siberian ‘Birdman’ Wore a Collar of Beaks and Skulls | Live Science
- Ancient Roman Penis Graffiti Shows Humans Will Never Change | IFLScience
- A Submerged Ancient Greek Fortress on Israel’s Coast | Mosaic
- Professor inspired by Ancient Greeks creates games to teach students about power and responsibility | Neos Kosmos
- 2,300-year-old scripture found on school’s wall | Hurriyet
- The Original Christian Heretic | The Classical Association in Northern Ireland
- The History Girls: A Mini Greek Odyssey: Our Mythological Half Term. By Anna Mazzola
- Domitian, Ovid, Lucan and Friends: Quintilian With Some World-Class Shade – SENTENTIAE ANTIQUAE
- Digitizing Gonçalves’ Lexicon Magnum Latino-Sinicum | Dickinson College Commentaries
- Western Cyprus | Summertime Fragments
This episode talks about Constantine I the first Roman Emperor to legalise Christianity, we take a deeper look at Constantine to see if he really was a Christian and therefore, if he can be called the first Christian Emperor?
Donna Zuckerberg, Editor in Chief of Eidolon and author of Not All Dead White Men sits down with me on the finale of season 2 of Itinera to discuss the creation and evolution of Eidolon, the reception of classics in Red Pill communities, and how she conceives of her role as an ally. Recorded at the Annual Conference of the Classical Association of the Middle West and South in 2018.
It’s the third round of That’s Ancient History’s ‘Ask a Classicist’ specials where host Jean Menzies is joined by a complete classics novice and answers all of their pressing antiquity related questions (or tries to).
A Latin language podcast …
Conferences and Calls for Papers
- Conference: 11th Eleatica International on Ancient Philosophy | Society for Classical Studies
- CFP: The Soul in Ancient Philosophy | Society for Classical Studies
- Stipendiary Lectureship in Classics | Lady Margaret Hall
- Professor, 9 Month Salaried (Classics) job with Florida State University