Hodie est a.d. VI Non. Quintiles (Iulias) 2772 AUC ~ 1 Hekatombaion in the third year of the 699th Olympiad
In the News
- Biblical era purple dye industry discovered in Haifa – Israel News – Jerusalem Post
- 3rd Century AD Marble Child Head, Ancient Chamber Pot Discovered in Roman City Novae near Bulgaria’s Svishtov – Archaeology in Bulgaria
- Archaeologists restart excavations at ancient Christian pilgrimage site in northern Turkey – Daily Sabah
In Case You Missed It
- Found: An ‘Undisturbed’ Roman Ship Near Cyprus | Smart News | Smithsonian
- Roman road and medieval house discovered during archaeological dig in Cornwall – Cornwall Live
- Indianapolis Museum Hosts Ancient Greek Artifacts Exhibition (video) | USA.GreekReporter.com
Public Facing Classics
- PaleoJudaica.com: A secret sale of biblical Oxyrhynchus fragments?
- More on the Texts in Oxyrhynchus Papyri Vol 83 | Larry Hurtado’s Blog
- I’m about to be speaking on Hercules as the subject of activities for autistic girls – here I begin to explain why | Mythology and Autism – Susan Deacy
- Two ancient Latin versions of the letter of Arius to Eusebius of Nicomedia – Roger Pearse
- Landscapes of the Western Argolid | Summertime Fragments
Hoc in colloquio, Augustus et Catharina, Iusto absente, carmen quoddam e Carminibus Buranis sumptum cantant enodantque
- [BMCR] Arja Karivieri (ed.), The Early Christian Basilica of Arethousa in Macedonia. I: Production, Consumption and Trade. Papers and monographs of the Finish Institute at Athens XXIII.
- [BMCR] Louise H. Pratt, C. Michael Sampson (ed.), Engaging Classical Texts in the Contemporary World: From Narratology to Reception.
- CFP: Meaning, Memory, and Movement: Ancient and Medieval Spaces.
- CFP: Convegno «Il teatro della πόλις» (Pisa 2019) | Centro Studi sul Teatro Classico