Hodie est pr. Id. Feb. 2772 AUC ~ 19 Gamelion in the third year of the 699th Olympiad
In the News
- US-Import restrictions imposed on archaeological material from Jordan – Lexology
- Roman Theater and archaeology park project in Ankara
In Case You Missed It
- Trial begins for archaeologist accused of forging earliest portrayal of Jesus’ crucifixion | Live Science
- How to diversify the classics. For real. | OUPblog
- Social & Theological views in Homer – Novo Scriptorium
- Roman Archaeology Blog: 2,000-year-old burial of Germanic ‘dignitary’ discovered in south-eastern Moravia
- Global Romans (6) – Fake Roman Coins from the Mekong Delta | Miko Flohr
- The events that led many Iberians to abandon the Carthaginians and ally with Rome – Novo Scriptorium
- Memorabilia Antonina: 2020 Movies #2: Boadicea
- Half-Assing It: A Love Story – SENTENTIAE ANTIQUAE
- The less than clear origins of fugitive Vasil Bozhkov’s Thrace and Private Collection ~ ARCAblog
- Alexis, What is Love? – SENTENTIAE ANTIQUAE
- The legal role of the Roman Emperor in political crises – Novo Scriptorium
- Sybota (2) – Mainzer Beobachter
- Homer against a materialistic approach of Life – Novo Scriptorium
Tres amici ad argumentum de anulis magicis revertuntur.
- [BMCR] Jean-François Pradeau, Plotin. Qui es-tu?. Paris: Les Editions du Cerf, 2019.
- [BMCR] Caterina Barone, Francesco Puccio (ed.), Profanazioni. Ithaca; Padova: CLEUP, 2018.
- [BMCR] Christian H. Bull, The Tradition of Hermes Trismegistus: The Egyptian Priestly Figure as a Teacher of Hellenized Wisdom. Religions in the Graeco-Roman World, 186. Leiden: Brill, 2018.
- Medea at the Gate Theatre in Dublin
- Students reproduce Oedipus
- A Minimalist Take on Medea Delivers Maximal Drama
- CALL. 10.03.2020: Proto-Indo-European Reconstruction: Problems, possibilities and new perspectives – Cambridge (England)
- CALL. 01.05.2020: Congreso Internacional de Arte y Literatura “Diálogos en torno al libro: texto e imagen” – Albacete (Spain)
- CFP: Peripheral Adaptation in Flavian Literature | Society for Classical Studies
- Thousands of Cyprus’ ancient icons, mosaics and frescoes stolen, sold abroad – In-Cyprus.com
- Greek Students Sing for Return of Parthenon Marbles at British Museum | Greek Reporter Europe
- What We Learn From Minor Players In Greek Tragedies And Hollywood Films | Gizmodo Australia
‘Sorting’ Out Your Day:
- Homeromanteion | Online Homeric Oracle
- Sortes Virgilianae (English)
- Sortes Virgilianae (Latin)
- Consult the Oracle at UCL
Today on the Etruscan Brontoscopic Calendar:
If it thunders today, it portends widespread death and unseasonable winds.
… adapted from the text and translation of:
Jean MacIntosh Turfa, The Etruscan Brontoscopic Calendar, in Nancy Thomson de Grummond and Erika Simon (eds.), The Religion of the Etruscans. University of Texas Press, 2006. (Kindle edition)